Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Beefeater gin

I'm sure youve heard it said that "Gin is just gross" but then again, I've heard that said about EVERY other type of liquor. Don't let the popular saying turn you off, to me, gin is the last frontier of liquors, I say that because many people only choose to try gin after they've had every other type of liquor and want to explore new areas (I admit, This was even the case with myself) so I decided to do some research then pick up a bottle of beefeater london dry gin.

Upon tasting the gin for the first time I discovered something, it is not gross is the least, however, it is much different then I expected. having a somewhat bitter and garden herbs-type taste, along with a noticeable yet not over-encumbering bite, it was certainly unique. the ammount of heat reminds me of Finlandia, but the flavor is entirely different. The aftertaste is unexpected and pleasant, being almost sweet and floral. priced at around 18-20 it is DEFINITELY worth the price, especially if you plan on making martinis which it works amazingly well with.

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment