Saturday, November 23, 2013

Bitburger beer

Bitburger beer: You may have seen this sitting amidst a shelf of familiar mid-shelf beers, and I honestly have never heard of it. as you probably have already guessed I'm a bit of a risk-taker when it comes to buying beer.
this beer is imported from germany, and most of it's lettering is unreadable (a good sign that its actually from germany)

Now to be honest, when I took my first swig I didn't think it was anything very special, pretty flavorless. BUT then I realized that within the past few weeks I had been largely drinking dark beer or brown ales and that I was comparing the flavor of this obviously pale beer to the boldness of darker beers, BIG mistake; thats like comparing a panther to an ostrich, they are a completely different species.

So...I sat back, took a deep breath, and reset my taste buds, THEN took another sip.
very smooth, with a present but not overwhelming bitterness, which you find in many good german beers. the flavor is fairly light, with a hint of burt caramel. it's different from your average pale beer, In that its smooth, yet has the bitterness you might find in a darker beer, and a flavor that says "I'm here, I won't get in your face, but I'll mingle a bit" Like that mysterious woman at a classy party you lock eyes with.


It's a very easy beer to drink, but for some reason its the only beer this pale I feel inclined to sip occasionally and enjoy like a dark beer. oh and one last thing, the carbonation is relentless! in a good way. Its been over 30 minutes and my beer is still bubbling away as if I just poured it. you may not take carbonation into account, however, if you plan on sitting down and enjoying a beer, instead of just chugging away (which I suggest with this one) its a very important aspect.

I mean, what if you've got to go and tee off on a golf course or...clean up your kids constantly new mess he/she is making. or maybe you've got a cake to take out of the oven (or maybe you really did just lock eyes with a mysterious woman) . You don't want to come back to a flat beer, which I've had happen in amazingly short amounts of time with some beers...not this one. so if you haven't guessed, yes, I recommend you try it, at least once.

No comments:

Post a Comment